Saturday, November 25, 2006

My contribution to Thanksgiving dinner

I had really grand plans for Thanksgiving. I had wanted to buy a roasting pan, make my own turkey, and go all out with the works--mashed potatoes, gravy, homemade rolls, green beans, sweet potato and apple gratin, and apple pie. As it turned out, school and a bunch of other stuff (like lack of funds and time) conspired to keep me away from my perfect Thanksgiving dinner. Instead, I had dinner at a family friend's house, and this was my contribution:


Chocolate chip cookies.

Oh, well. The perfect dinner will have to wait. I may try my hand at it over the winter holidays, after school is over. We'll see.

In knitting news, I finally have an FO to show! Behold, the first of two thank-you scarves:


As you can see, I haven't even woven in the ends . . .

Pattern: Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf
Yarn: Plymouth Encore Colorspun Worsted, Color 7172
Needles: US 8
Recipient: UT professor

The colors aren't too bright in this picture, but the scarf is vaguely UT-colored. At least, it has some burnt orange thrown into a mix of browns, red-oranges, yellows, and light blue tweedy flecks. Since these scarves are intended to be thank-you gifts for UT (or ex-UT) professors, I thought something in school colors (but which also wasn't too obnoxious) was appropriate.

The second scarf, identical to this one, is near completion, which is good. I hope to get it finished soon so I can send them off before 1) I look too ungrateful for these professors' help, and 2) I start studying in earnest for finals.

I also finished an Odessa in a nice dark red color, with white beads, but unfortunately, 1) I haven't taken a picture of it, and 2) it fits my head perfectly. And my head is smaller than the intended recipient's head. Sigh. A picture may come later, but at any rate, I will have to cast on for something bigger and hope that I have enough yarn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home