Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Another form of procrastination

I guess I should be knitting, but I'm at school and have no knitting with me. (More accurately, I have knitting, but ran out of yarn.) I'm supposed to be reading, but I am not. Instead, I am answering more mindless questions:

1. Flip to page 18, paragraph 4 in the book closest to you right now, what does it say?

Well, taking into account all breaks in the text as paragraph breaks (because otherwise there aren't 4 paragraphs on the page), it says:

"Even if the 'place of injury' is the touchstone for the tort of alienation of affections under the traditional rule, the law of Vermont would still be applied, because for the purposes of this tort Vermont is the 'place of the injury.' Section 377 of the first Restatement of the Law of Conflict of Laws posits the place of wrong in the state where the last event necessary to make an actor liable for an alleged tort takes place. . . ."

I won't bore you further. I'm supposed to be reading for my Conflict of Laws class.

2. If you stretch out your left arm - as far as possible, what are you touching?

Nothing. The wall is pretty far away from me.

3. What's the last program you watched on tv?

Grey's Anatomy last Thursday.

4. Without looking, guess what time it is.

6:45. Oops. 7:12.

5. Except the computer, what can you hear right now?

Nothing. The journal office is pretty quite at this time of night.

6. When was the last time you were outside and what did you do?

Err. I was walking to school. I've been inside for so long today that I had to think about it!

7. What are you wearing?

Jeans. T-shirt. Grey hoodie. Grey socks. New black Birkenstock shoes. They look a little orthopedic, but I have decided to embrace the orthopedic-ness because they are super comfy and perfect for walking to and from school in.

8. Did you dream last night? If you did, what about?

No. It was pretty windy here in Austin last night, so I kept waking up. Seriously--it was so windy I could hear it. And my house was creaking. It was really, really windy.

9. When was the last time you laughed?

Hmm. I chuckle a bit in class sometimes. I know I definitely laughed in class today. But that's not a very good laugh.

10. What's on the walls, in the room you're in right now?

Old journal stuff left here by other generations of editors.

11. Have you seen anything strange lately?.

Hmm. I guess I was intrigued by the process of making tiramisu last Thursday. You whip up egg yolks and sugar for about 5 minutes, so I thought the way the consistency of the mixture changed over that time was pretty interesting--not at all what I expected. Then you heat the egg mixture with cream added over the stove top, and you get another unexpected change in consistency. It was pretty cool, and I'd make the tiramisu again just to see it. Of course, it helps that the tiramisu recipe is pretty darn tasty, too.

12. What do you think about this meme?

If it helps me procrastinate, at this time of year, it's great.

13. What's the last film you saw?

Err. I can't remember. The last one I saw in a movie theater was definitely Cars. The last one I saw on DVD was . . . Moulin Rouge. I think. (Cars was totally better than Moulin Rouge.)

14. If you became a multimillionaire, what would you do with the money?

I'd create my own foundation and use the money to do good things, much the same way that Warren Buffett and Bill Gates are. How cool would it be to use all your money to hire the very best and brightest scientists out there, give them great facilities, and say, "Do what you can to cure X" or, "Send a man to Mars," or "Build a better environmentally friendly car" or whatever???

15. Tell us something about yourself that most people don't know.

Hmm. I am planning on taking the California bar exam next year. I guess many people don't know about that.

16. If you could change ONE THING in this world, without regarding politics or bad guilt - what would it be?

I would cure a disease, if possible. Or reverse all global warming/pollution.

19. What do you want your children’s names to be, girl/boy?

Ehhh. I am not really a fan of children. Let's not go there.

17. Do you like dancing?

In theory, yes. In practice, I'm a terrible dancer.

18. George Bush?

Not a fan.

20. Would you ever consider living abroad?

Depends on where.

21. What do you want God to tell you, when you come to heaven?

Why he does things the way he does them.

22. Who should do this meme?

Anyone else who doesn't want to study for class!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home