Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Fits and starts

There's not much going on here at Chez Seedless Grape this week. I have much more time to knit these days, but I have very little to show for it because I'm currently trying to knit up my small but burgeoning handspun stash, which means that I'm ripping as much as I'm knitting. Seriously: I've ripped and reknit the Burning Bush AND Plum Blossom yarns at least five times each in separate projects. With the Plum Blossom yarn, this was partly because my spinning was uneven and my gauge at one end of the yarn was significantly different from my gauge towards the middle and other end of the yarn, which made for a very wonky Zeebee on the first attempt. With the Burning Bush yarn, I'm trying to eke out an adult-sized hat with the limited yardage I have, and after multiple tries with different needles and patterns, I'm developing the sinking feeling I don't have enough. Sigh.

But, setting all that aside, I still have a bit to blog about, because the Noro log cabin blocks continue apace:


I have 15 so far and I'm almost finished with the 16th. This weekend I'm going to try to cobble another block or two from the remnants I have, because I've run out of new balls. I'll see how far I can get with the remnants before I stock up on some more Kureyon (because yes, Noro has amazing colorways, but it's a bit spendy, no?).

1 Comments:

Blogger Mom2fur said...

I've never heard of a knitted (or crocheted) log cabin square. That is so cool! Now I'll have to see if I can crochet one...

6/13/2008 10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home