Friday, February 15, 2008

Eye Candy Friday: Log Cabin Edition

Remember all that Noro I posted about before? I'm using it to make squares like this:

Pretty, no?

I'm planning on making a blanket like this. I never thought much of log cabin blankets until I saw KathyMarie's afghan on Ravelry and fell in love with it. So I'm merrily log cabin-ing away these days.

But only at work! I generally try to keep a mindless project at work to knit on when I have to read boring things, so these squares are my current work knitting. I keep a pair of US8 needles in my office and bring in new balls of Kureyon as I need them. I kind of like having the idea of making an afghan that I'll always remember as my "clerkship" afghan.

I've made 6 so far and am working on the seventh, so you can expect to see posts about squares every now and then.

Hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day! Have a terrific weekend!

2 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

How cool!! That is going to be gorgeous!

Out of curiousity, did you ask for permission to knit in the office, or just start doing it? I do it when I bring cases home all the time, but I don't know about doing it while reading at the firm or court. Although I have wanted to many times cause it helps get through piles of reading so much!

2/15/2008 2:39 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

that is beautiful - I love the purple and the green!

2/19/2008 7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home