Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Steamboat

I apologize for the radio silence. There's been lots of knitting, cooking, and other regular Seedless Grape-y pursuits lately, but not much time to blog about it. That's partly because work is ramping up for a biiiig deadline coming up at the end of March. It's also partly because . . . .

I went skiing!


Yup, that's me at Steamboat Springs, CO. GPG and I went up for a weekend of skiing last week. Unfortunately, the weather was uncooperative for photography, so that's pretty much the only picture I have to document our trip. The weather was actually beautiful on Saturday, but we took a ski lesson and left the camera at the lodge. The other two days it was fairly overcast; on Saturday, we had total white-out from mid-mountain on up due to very low-hanging clouds. At some point, visibility was probably less than 30 yards. Very discombobulating for skiing!

But there is a teeny-tiny bit of knitting content to this post! If you look closely, you'll see that I'm wearing an orange neck gaiter. You'll have to take my word that my jacket hood is covering up a matching hat. I knit like a madwoman on the plane to Steamboat to make both of them just in the nick of time for skiing.

The hat matches the one I knit for GPG' Valentine's Day present last year. We both wore the hats while skiing and they made finding each other on the slopes a lot easier! The gaiter was simply a long tube of K2, P2 ribbing that I could slip over my head and wear around my neck. Both the hat and gaiter came in very handy--I never felt cold whenever we were out on the slopes.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

2 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

how fun!!! at least you got the one shot to remember the weekend by!

1/30/2008 9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great that you and GPG took some time off to relax! I like that photo.

1/30/2008 1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home