Friday, February 01, 2008

Not by the hair of my spinny spin spin

I've been such a bad blogger that I haven't even blogged about the most recent exciting development in the Seedless Grape repertoire of fibery pursuits! In January, I got . . .


. . . a spinning wheel! Eeeee!

It's a Lendrum DT ("double treadle"), and I loooove it. I bought it second-hand from another spinner in Louisiana, and at first I refrained from blogging about it because it took a while to get the wheel into my hot little hands. I didn't want to post anything about it until I actually had it. After I got it (probably about three weeks ago now), I didn't blog about it because, well, I'm a bad blogger.

But I've been spinning on it a little every week, and I'm having so much fun! And late blogging is better than no blogging. Here are some singles I spun recently:


It's 4 oz. of Corriedale fiber in the "Burning Bush" colorway from Spunky Eclectic. I was immediately enamored with this colorway when I saw some of it on Jared's blog, so I snapped it up when I saw it on the Spunky Eclectic website. I love the combination of red, blue, and orange.

I've plied the singles and washed and whacked the yarn since taking this picture, and I'm extraordinarily pleased with how it turned out, especially for only my third attempt at spinning on the wheel. I love making my own yarn! There are also lots of other spinny projects constantly on the bobbins, so I promise there'll be plenty of spinning posts sprinkled among the regular knitting/(not-so-regular) cooking posts in the future.

In the meantime, I hope the first month of the new year treated everyone well. Here's hoping for a great February! Have a great weekend!

3 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

congrats on the new addition! It looks very lightly used! The spinning so far looks great!

2/01/2008 12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for the new (to you) wheel! Your spinning looks wonderful as always.

2/01/2008 1:23 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

How exciting! I love the colors of the yarn you just spun up and can't wait to see what you make with it!

2/01/2008 2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home