Tuesday, June 26, 2007

3L Finals Socks!

I actually finished these socks over a month ago, while I was in Taiwan, but I'm only now getting around to posting about them (curse you, Barbri, and the horse you rode in on!).


Pattern: Generic garter rib stitch. K4, Rib 2. 64 sts in circumference.
Yarn: Koralle im Meer (Coral in the Ocean) colorway, from Wollmeise
Needles: Addi Turbos, US1, 2 circulars
Recipient: Me


I actually don't knit very many socks for myself, because I don't often have occasion to wear them. It's fairly warm in Texas most of the year, so I usually only wear handknit woolen socks to bed when my feet are cold in the winter. I prefer to give away most of the socks I knit. But I needed a simple, portable project to knit on while studying for my finals in May, so an easy garter rib stitch was just the ticket. I didn't have any ready recipients in mind, so I just knit them for myself.


I read on Sheri's blog that the Loopy Ewe will soon be carrying Wollmeise yarn. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for this. I've knit with several colorways from Wollmeise, and they're all gorgeous. Her sock yarn is smooth and easy to knit with. Although a lot of them do stripe, it's a very close repeat, so you never get big blocks of color, which I appreciate.

Of course, with the stripiness, you do get some big bull's-eye heels with a short-row heel:


But that's okay with me. I actually like that unexpected bright splash of concentrated color at the heel.


Oh, and of course I knit up a miter for the Extra-Long-Term Miter Blanket Project:


This is the only miter I've made in a while. Most of my energy has been spent on my Sockapalooza socks. But there will be some exciting new miters coming up eventually, thanks to Caitlyn. I will post about those soon(ish)! I'm almost finished with my Sock Pal socks (knock on wood)!

1 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

ooh - those are nice. the only reason I haven't tried her yarns yet is that she is in Germany - if Loopy ewe starts carrying it - oh no!!! how would you compare it to other sock yarns you've knit with?

6/27/2007 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home