Friday, May 25, 2007

Eye Candy Friday: Yarn Edition

It's nice to come home after a trip and have yarn waiting for you!

Yes, I know, I'm supposed to be knitting from the stash . . . but I am making an exception (or two) for some specific gifts. Since I know I'll get pretty busy pretty soon studying for the bar exam, I ordered some yarn before I left for Taiwan so I can get started on these gifts right away, even though the gifts aren't "due" until several months from now.

I was so excited about the yarn that I took some nice Eye Candy Friday pictures first thing this morning. GPG's glass kitchen table makes a very nice backdrop.

First, some wedding present yarn:


My friend Gardenia is getting married this fall, and I am planning on knitting socks for her and her fiance. She requested turquoise blue yarn for herself, so in comes Lorna's Laces to do the job. Luckily for me, Yarn 4 Socks had Lorna's "Island Blue" colorway on sale a while back. Lorna's also has a proper turquoise colorway, but I thought that the Island Blue colorway was brighter, cheerier, and more appropriate for my friend.

She requested dark green socks for her fiance, and I'm still hunting around for a good yarn. Lorna's does have a dark green colorway called "Pine," but I may look for something a little more interesting.

Yarn 4 Socks conveniently had a nice price for Fleece Artist merino sock yarn, too. Although I don't usually buy pink, I picked out this "Raspberry" colorway primarily with my budding miter blanket in mind.


I thought that the blanket could use a little pink.

And, to round out the order, I picked out another Fleece Artist yarn for my Sockapalooza pal. My pal doesn't like really bright colors, so I thought the "Mahogany" colorway would do the trick:


Here it is in the skein so you can see all the different colors. Isn't it beautiful?


I can't wait to get started knitting with these fabulous yarns. I'm planning on some nice Retro Ribs with the turquoise Lorna's Laces, and something from the new Favorite Socks book for my Sockapalooza Pal. Unfortunately, I appear to have misplaced my US2 circular needles during my move from Austin to Houston. I'll have to look for them before I can cast on for the Retro Ribs.

Hope you have a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home