Sunday, April 29, 2007

Peanut butter cookies

I'm still on a cookie-baking rampage here at Chez Seedless Grape. I realize that it's arguably somewhat irrational to buy more ingredients (like butter and eggs) just to use existing ingredients (like peanut butter and chocolate chips) up, but I think everyone is entitled to a little irrationality around finals time. And the butter and eggs are ingredients that will eventually get used somehow before I move out of my apartment after graduation . . . chocolate chips, not so much, unless they go into cookies.


So, bring on the cookies! I made these peanut butter cookies on Friday night to use up some peanut butter. I actually ended up not having enough peanut butter, which threw the proportion of ingredients out of whack. As a result, these cookies don't really have the traditional criss-cross hatching on them that signify peanut butter cookies--they were too soft to really hold the hatch marks. But I think they actually taste quite good.


I still have quite a lot of chocolate chips left, though. More chocolate chip cookies are in store . . . maybe. My first tests are on Thursday and Friday of this week, so studying is starting to kick into high gear. If I don't make the cookies, I can always make . . . brownies, too!

1 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

those look soooooo good! peanut butter is just about my favorite cookie!

5/09/2007 6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home