Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Retro Rib Socks!

It's been a long time since I posted last, I know, and I apologize. Posting will probably be sparse for the next month or so because finals are rapidly approaching. (Last round of finals EVER! Yee haw!)

Still, I managed to get a fair amount of knitting done over this past weekend. The Retro Rib socks are finally done!


I'm quite pleased with the way they turned out. I like how the pattern is intricate, but simple and easy to memorize--and stretchy, too, to boot. (I ended up ripping my plain stockinette Koigu socks and starting Cookie A's Monkey pattern instead, and although the pattern is lovely, it's not stretchy at all. I'm learning that beautiful but stretchy is key for sock patterns.)


Here are the specs:

Pattern: Retro Rib socks from Interweave Knits
Needles: 16" and 24" Addi Turbo circulars, US 2
Yarn: KnitPicks Essential in Denim
Recipient: GPG's sister in Germany


This is a terrific pattern. It has some variation to make it more interesting than stockinette; it's stretchy to accommodate differently sized feet and legs; the patterning is evident but still subtle and understated; and it knits up fairly quickly on US 2 needles. I'm planning on making some socks for the Violinist in the same pattern in black, and I bet it'll look good then, too.


All in all, I'm pleased. I wasn't so keen on the KnitPicks' yarn, but I won't deny that it knit up into a very nice product. Yay for the Retro Rib!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home