Friday, May 18, 2007

Catching up: The Knitterly Letter Swap!

Greetings from Taiwan! I've sweltered in the heat, visited my grandfather, seen the Taroko Gorge, swallowed down fish eggs, and viewed beautiful Chinese embroidery at the National History Museum. Needless to say, it's been a jam-packed week!

I won't be back in the States until next week, but I do have a few things to catch up on while I'm out of the country. The first thing is . . . The Knitterly Letter Swap!

I actually don't know who my original letter swap pal is. (If you're out there--I didn't get your letter, unfortunately! Please let me know if you're still waiting on a letter and I will get on it as soon as I get back in town!) Luckily for me, though, Melissa swept in to save the day. She sent me a great letter on Winnie the Pooh stationery, complete with STICKERS!, with a postcard from her hometown and a bunch of recipes from her company's cookbook!


The KLS was a great idea, because it was so exciting to get fun things in the mail! Usually all I get is bills and advertisements. As I wrote to Melissa, it was really nice to make a connection with another knitter, especially since in law school knitting was a pretty solitary sport for me (not much time to go to knitting groups or anything like that).

My own pal was the fabulous Maritza! She wrote back on some beautiful stationery and sent recipes, yarn samples, and some scraps of fabric that she's used for some of her beautiful projects--go check out her blog if you haven't already!

I can't wait to try out the recipes once I get back in the States. I had to hold off while school was wrapping up because I was trying to depopulate my kitchen pantry, not restock it! Now that I'm moved, I'm excited to try out some new recipes. Maritza sent some great muffin recipes and I've had my eye on Melissa's banana pudding.

Thank you to both my pals! I hope to write back once I get home next week.

More to come soon! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

I'm glad you liked the letter. Looks like you got another great one as well.
Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

5/21/2007 8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home