Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A Whirlwind of Domesticity

Pretty much as soon as I got back from Taiwan, I started cooking up a storm. This is partly because GPG was out of town for Memorial Day weekend, so I had as much time to putter around in the kitchen as I wanted. It's also partly because I hoped to cook up a couple big dishes to create some leftovers for meals later on this week.

With GPG, it's hard to make anything that really creates leftovers, just because he's 6'4" and has a big appetite. Something that would last an entire week for me lasts just a couple of days for him. So I made lasagna on Sunday and enchiladas on Monday, in the hopes that we'd get a few extra meals for my pains.

I didn't take a picture of the enchiladas, since those got scarfed down pretty quickly (and they're none too photogenic, anyway), but I did get a picture of the lasagna, all cut up and ready to go into plastic containers:


The recipe, as always, is from the fine folks at Cook's Illustrated. I especially like this lasagna recipe since it comes from The Best Light Recipe and is therefore fairly healthy, while still delicious. I also found the recipe particularly handy when I made it this time because it uses no-boil lasagna noodles, which I managed to find at the grocery store for the first time. Those no-boil noodles are the best! I was afraid they wouldn't cook through all the way, but they turned out perfectly and really made the assembly process a lot easier than the noodles you have to boil. I really recommend them if you're ever in the mood to make your own lasagna.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

mmmm...looks tasty. I'll have to look up the recipe!

6/01/2007 12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home