Thursday, February 22, 2007

Stash: The Reckoning, Part 2

Whenever you feel like enlarging the stash against your better judgment, going through the existing stash is probably a good way to bolster your weakning resolve. It does a lot to remind you just how much yarn you already have.

And the scary thing is . . . I only went through the Sock Stash and was sufficiently reminded that buying more yarn at this moment is a Bad Idea. There is still a lot more than this waiting to be inventoried. At least I definitely don't feel like buying any more yarn now!

Anyway . . . On to the stash!

First, the relatively pedestrian stuff: Knitpicks Essential sock yarn, in a denim blue. I thought this would be good for some Retro Rib socks.


And, acquired about FOUR years ago, some plain black sock yarn from Schoeller Stahl:


I think the black yarn will go towards some socks for the Violinist's Christmas present this year, since it's not really a viable yarn for GPG.

Now, moving on to the more beautiful parts of the stash:

Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport, in their seaside (or something thematically similar) colorway:


I used to have two skeins of this stuff, but used one for . . . maybe some anklets for the Aspiring Ecologist? I can't remember. I'm not sure what I'll do with the one skein I have left.

And, enough yarn leftover from the Anesthesiologist's Koralle im Meer anklets to make a full pair of socks:


I also have a full skein of Dani yarn from Wollmeise:


I hope to use this to make some knee socks for myself. Based on what I've been able to do with the other skeins I ordered from Wollmeise, there should be enough yarn.

Next: although I've been drooling all over Socks that Rock and Ashley's and Maritza's lovely chevron scarves, I actually already own some STR myself. I picked it up in L.A. last summer from one of the few brick-and-mortar stores that actually sells it. I've been unwilling to knit with it so far because it's so beautiful! (I actually feel that way about a lot of my sock yarn . . .)

Here is Torridon:


And Ruby Slippers:


And Rooster Rock:


So. Pretty!

I also have some gray Rowan 4-ply that I picked up on sale probably two years ago at my LYS:


Are you getting tired yet? There's still MORE!

Here is some Louet Gems Pearl that I picked up last December, before my self-imposed stash diet, for some Anemoi mittens:


I actually had intended to buy only the navy blue skein below to make the mittens with some Koigu I already had, but I always like to maximize what I get for the shipping costs I pay when ordering on-line. So I threw in the two green skeins to make a second pair, probably for a gift for someone.

Anyway, like I said above, I bought a skein of navy blue Pearl to make some mittens with this nice pale orange/blue mix Koigu I have. The Anemoi mittens will only take one skein of Koigu, so I am not sure what I will do with the other skein just yet.


But the Anemoi mittens segue nicely into the rest of the Koigu stash. I got all of this last year when my LYS was having an end-of-year sale. I've put off knitting it because it's so pretty, but I'm really going to make an effort to make some great socks out of it this spring.

Yellow and blue:


More orange and blue, a combination I love:


Gray and green and purple:


Teal and brown and green and purple:


And I still have more random sock yarn remainders that I didn't take pictures of. Nothing to make a full pair of socks out of, although maybe once I knit down the sock stash, I'll have enough to start a log cabin something or other. We'll see.

Is that enough stash for you? It's enough stash for me! I think I'll put off acquiring more STR until I work through some of the yarn I already have.

Lastly: There is also one more part of the sock stash worth showing . . . but that will have to wait until the weekend!

2 Comments:

Blogger caitlyn said...

*Drooling* over all of the STR and the Koigu! I think I have the same yellow Koigu.

2/22/2007 5:05 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

That grey/green/purple Koigu? My favorite colorway ever. If you're ever thinking of destashing it, I'm sure I'd be able to do you the huge favor of taking it off your hands ;)

3/06/2007 7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home