Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The Chairman's Birthday Hat

I was finally able to take some knitting-related pictures this weekend, although not as many as I had hoped. I have a lot of little projects all going on at once, but a lot of them are stalled out as I perform triage to get certain gifts done on time.

One of those gifts is the Chairman's birthday hat. (I suspect that the Chairman is too busy to read this blog, but if by chance you are reading, Chairman . . . STOP RIGHT NOW!) I dropped everything last week and knit exclusively on this for two days to get it done in time. His birthday is actually not until next Monday, President's Day, but I needed to finish it extra early to send it off to Japan in the mail. I got to the post office last Saturday, so I hope it'll arrive in time.


I would much rather have made the Chairman something like socks (partly because I have a lot of stash sock yarn, and partly because I think he would use socks more), but I didn't have much time. And the Chairpeople tell me that it's cold in Japan, so maybe a hat will actually come in handy.

I like how the top looks like an asterisk:


Pattern: Fig and Plum's Cashmere Ribbed Hat, larger size, with larger needles
Yarn: Karabella Aurora 8, gray, from the stash
Needles: US8 generic 16" circular needles from Taiwan, plus US8 Brittany Birch DPNs
Mods: Just the larger needles and a bigger yarn. The hat is quite stretchy, but that's probably not a bad thing.
Recipient: The Chairman

1 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

Oooh, I LOVE the top of that hat!

2/06/2007 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home