Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I can't win either way

I was all ready yesterday to post, but for some reason Blogger would not let me post pictures. Of course, I am able to post pictures today . . . but the main gist of the post I drafted up for yesterday was that I don't really have any good pictures to post! I can't win.

Anyway, the reason why I don't have very good pictures at the moment is because my knitting is quite disorganized. Some of it is at school and some of it is at home, scattered around my apartment. And I am very rarely at home on weekdays when there's proper light for taking pictures; I usually get home well after dark. Eventually I'll get everything in order, but until then, I can only post about something I did over the weekend:

Chicken pot pie.


Yes, I know that this is not "real" chicken pot pie, but 1) I'm terrible at making pie crust; and 2) the recipe called for biscuits to be dropped on top, anyway. The recipe came out quite well; it made for 8 servings (the picture as you see it has two servings removed; one for me, and one for GPG), and I ended up freezing three servings as leftovers because GPG liked the pot pie so much that he ate half of it. (This is why I only occasionally cook for me and GPG together: lots of effort for fewer meals. The pot pie would have been 8 meals for just me alone. Throw GPG in, and it's only 1.5 meals.)

I got the recipe out of Cook's Illustrated's The Best Light Recipe, and as usual, it came out perfectly. I haven't yet made a single thing out of this cookbook that turned out badly. The folks at Cook's Illustrated really know what they're doing; if you ever need a cookbook, you should turn to them first.

1 Comments:

Blogger caitlyn said...

It looks delicious! I'll have to look and see if it's in "The Best Recipe" (since I don't have the Light version). And I know what you mean about cooking for yourself and a guy. I'm lucky if I can make something stretch 4 days for Hubby and I!

1/30/2007 12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home