Sunday, December 31, 2006

Shedir!


It's a hat that needs no introduction. I knit this up in the last few weeks before finals, but only just now got around to taking pictures of it. We finally had some beautiful weather, perfect for taking pictures.


Pattern: Shedir
Yarn: RYC Cashsoft DK, about 1.5 balls
Needles: US3 Addi Turbos, 16" circular, and US 3 Brittany Birch DPNs
Recipient: ???
Modifications: I knit through the back loop for every knit stitch to make the cables stand out a little more. I also cabled without a cable needle.

This is a really beautiful pattern. Although I've knit cables before, with and without a cable needle, this is my first finished cable project, and I'm very pleased with the way it came out. The instructions are super clear, and it's also a great project to try cabling without a cable needle because all the cables usually involve only two stitches, or three stitches at most.

The decreases for the crown are genius:


I'm looking forward to knitting the next one; it's a fun pattern to knit. I think lots of people will be getting these next year for Christmas gifts if I'm sufficiently on the ball.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

Oh my gosh--I miss the sky being that color! The red hat looks so incredible against it--great pictures!

1/15/2007 3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home