Friday, February 02, 2007

Eye Candy Friday: The Graves of the Goethes

Another picture from Weimar. The city has a fairly large graveyard near the city center, which has lots of family plots as well as the tombs of all the famous people I've mentioned before: Goethe and Schiller, as well as Anna Amalia (huge patroness of the arts) and, I think, Karl August (Grand Duke of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach, Goethe's boss and benefactor, and all-around badass). Unfortunately, all the famous people are in a mausoleum where you have to pay money to see them.

But, the rest of the Goethes are in the Goethe family plot in the Weimar graveyard, so I took a picture of them:


More pictures will follow, I promise. The weather looks like it'll be sunny in Houston, where I'm visiting GPG this weekend, so maybe I'll be able to catch up on photos of the knitting I've been doing lately.

Have a good weekend!

P.S. Take a look at last Friday's Eye Candy, too. GPG ran the photo through Photoshop and it looks much better now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home