Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A Red Valentine for Valentine's Day

A red valentine?

A red Flower Basket, more like it . . .


Pattern: Flower Basket Shawl
Yarn: 1 skein Rosenrot from Wollmeise
Needles: INOX 24" circulars, US6
Recipient: The G Mother

These are pictures of the second red Flower Basket shawl that I knit last year. One went to the Boll Weaver, and the other went to GPG's mother for her birthday near the beginning of January. I am admittedly late in posting these pictures, but I figured that Valentine's Day was as good as any to post a nice red FO.


I finished this just a few days before GPG and I left for Germany. It was something of an ordeal because I overestimated the amount of yarn I had left and had to tink back two repeats of the stitch pattern to have enough yarn to finish the shawl. I probably should have used a life line, but I wasn't quite sure how to do it, so I tinked.


But, I did use bigger needles for this shawl, so it came out much larger than the Boll Weaver's. GMother loved it. I have pictures of her wearing it immediately upon receipt of the shawl, but those are on a CD at home. I'll add them soon.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's Day!

2 Comments:

Blogger caitlyn said...

The Flower Basket Shawl is stunning!! I'm glad G's mother liked it.
I have had yarn for this shawl for over a year...still haven't gotten around to knitting it yet. I need to get myself out of the mindless stockinette mode before I'll be ready to tackle this one!

2/14/2007 2:33 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

So pretty--and such an appropriate VD post!!

2/17/2007 4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home