Thursday, February 15, 2007

Coveting

I've tried to be fairly good about not poking around on too many yarn websites this year. I don't want to stumble across a must-have-NOW item that will tempt me into breaking my New Year's Resolution to knit from the stash. Unfortunately, though, sometimes a girl just gets bored in class. Bored + wireless Internet = bad news.

So far, I've been able to withstand the siren call of Socks That Rock. I click around their website during class and look at all their delicious colorways in a weird form of self-torture. But I've been able to remind myself that I have plenty of beautiful sock yarn to content myself with, and I will move on to STR once the stash is depleted.

Of course, the STR temptation has become much harder to resist since the outbreak of the STR Chevron Scarf craze that Maritza started. Ashley's scarf looks amazing, too. I've also been hankering after a new scarf since getting a cold last week. But I have resisted mightily.

However, my resistance has weakened upon my discovery of this. I know that I already have yarn for a Jemima, but Webs has the exact yarn that the pattern calls for, and I love RYC Cashsoft anything after using it for my first Shedir a while back. I think a sweater made out of the blue color at the bottom, plus some of the light orange for the trim, would look really nice. I have a strong fondness for orange and blue.

It also kills me that Webs has this, which would be perfect for a Pippa, another My Fashionable Life pattern that I've been coveting. It's not the exact yarn from the pattern, but the gauge given by the pattern is spot-on, and I imagine that Baby Cashmerino and RYC Cashsoft 4-Ply are probably pretty similar. I think that a lot of the colors Webs had would make a really beautiful sweater.

So now I'm strongly tempted to break the resolution. With the sale price from Webs, buying the yarn for both sweaters would total up to less than $50 per sweater, which I personally think is stellar. I'm also kind of thinking that if I'm going to break the resolution, I should really blow through it and buy the Jemima yarn, Pippa yarn, AND lots and lots of Socks that Rock.

The temptation is strong. The will is weakening. ARG!

2 Comments:

Blogger caitlyn said...

Oh great, now I want some STR! Thanks a lot, Esther! LOL

2/15/2007 8:39 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Join us...c'mon...you know you want to....everybody's doing it...seriously....it's just a little bit of STR, and you can stop whenever you want to. No pressure. c'mon, all the cool kids are doing it....

(Also, i always endorse going whole-hog if you're going to break a diet. Cake, yarn, whatever.)

2/17/2007 4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home