Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Random things about me

Wow, I hadn't realized that I hadn't posted in so long. I knew it had been a while--I've had proper 3L ennui for a few weeks now--but I didn't know just how long.

And, even now, I won't post anything substantive. I'm just taking a break from reading for Fed Courts. More substantive posts to follow soon. I hope.

48 Things You Couldn't Care Less About

1. FIRST NAME? Seedless Grape, of course.

2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? In real life, a Biblical character. I'll let you guess which one.

3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? I teared up in the last Grey's Anatomy when Izzie listened to the voice message Denny left for his parents. The last really good, sobby, hiccuppy cry I remember was the Grey's Anatomy season finale when Denny died. Shut up. I like Grey's Anatomy.

Plus, I'm sure there were other cries in between; I just can't remember them. I cry pretty easily.

4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? No, not really. I tend to scrawl when I'm not paying attention and then my writing gets illegible.

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Well . . . in interests of health, I'd probably pick ham or turkey if I had to eat a sandwich every day. But I do enjoy a nice roast beef sandwich with a little bit of wasabi mayonnaise, tomato and lettuce. Very tasty. You can get one here in Houston.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Depends on who I was! I think I am pretty picky about the people I really call friends, and I'm usually cordial to everyone else unless I can't stand you, in which case I'm pretty prickly towards you.

7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? See http://seedlessgrape.blogspot.com.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Probably. But I have already skydived and that's probably a lot more fun. If I had the choice of bungee jumping for the first time and skydiving again, I'd probably pick skydiving.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? I like this "Heart to Heart" substitute for Cheerios that's put out by Kashi.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Yes. The shoes I wear with laces are my running shoes, and I like them pretty tight when they're laced up.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? I am a bit out of weight-lifting shape, but I think I'm relatively strong for my size. I can at least do chin-ups and other general fitness things like that without too much effort.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Hmm. This is a very difficult question to answer. I like certain flavors from certain retailers/brands. So, I like Cherry Garcia from B&J; I like chocolate ice cream mixed up with mint peppermint patties when I got places like Amy's Ice Cream and Marble Slab; and I like coffee-flavored and mint-flavored ice cream in general. The problem is that coffee and mint don't really go together, so I unfortunately can't mix the two when I go to gelato places, like here.

14. SHOE SIZE? Around a size 7. It varies depending on the brand of shoe.

5. RED OR PINK? Red. Anyone who knows me knows that I have a very strong aversion to pink. I finally bought my first pink shirt this past summer, but it was a strong, bright pink with lots of red mixed in--more like a fuchsia. I will not wear pastel pink. Ever.

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? I tend to have a high tolerance for clutter. This means I don't put things away very much unless I make myself. When I do, I realize how much happier I am with a clean desk/apartment/whatever. Despite this happiness, though, clutter has to build up again quite a bit before I will do anything about it.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? This is hard to say. I have some very good friends whom I haven't seen in a while, including the Aspiring Ecologist in NC and the Aspiring Anesthesiologist in CA. And the Chairpeople are in Japan. And GPG is in Houston. I kind of wish that I was back in college, where all your pals live in the same dorm and you can run into each other's rooms at a moment's notice.

18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Well, considering that I'm doing this for my own procrastination benefit and not sending it on, no.

19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? White t-shirt from the Austin City Limits Music Festival. Navy blue shorts that I bought a long time ago with the Aspiring Ecologist. Running socks and Brooks running shoes.

20. LAST THING YOU ATE? A piece of pineapple.

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? People yelling at each other in my journal's office. The fan on my laptop.

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? What kind of weird question is this? I'd probably be blue, but I'm trying to branch out in my color selections for clothes/yarn/etc., so I should choose green.

23. FAVORITE SMELL? Things baking in the oven.

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? GPG.

25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Hmm, I don't know. I don't really feel strong attractions to anyone except for GPG, and I don't remember what I first noticed about him other than that he was really, really tall.

26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON you stole THIS from? Yes. At least, I like reading her blog. Go check her out.

27. FAVORITE DRINK? Hmm. I drink a lot of water. But I also like chocolate soy milk, hot chocolate with mint syrup, and Earl Grey tea.

28. FAVORITE SPORT? Depends on what you define as a sport. I like to play flag football, but if rock climbing is a sport, I'd prefer to do that, even if I haven't done it in a while and am totally out of shape. I also used to swim and will always have a special fondness for swimming in my heart.

29. EYE COLOR? Brown

30. HAT SIZE? Small. I have a pretty small head. Or, maybe the people for whom I knit hats end up having very large heads.

31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Yes.

32. FAVORITE FOOD? At the moment, anything out of Cook's Illustrated or The Best Recipes cookbook series. Those people know how to write a recipe. Everything I've made from America's Test Kitchen (who publishes both CI and TBR) has been absolutely fabulous.

33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings. I don't do scary. At all. I cover my eyes. Seriously.

35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Um. How about California weather, which is temperate all year long?

36. HUGS OR KISSES? All of the above.

37. FAVORITE DESSERT? Ice cream.

38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? See question 18.

39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? N/A

40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Hart and Wechsler's The Federal Courts and the Federal System. It's a bundle of fun here at Seedless Grape's desk.

41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE Pad? I have no mouse pad.

42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? Nothing, because I have no TV.

43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? I haven't really thought about what sounds I like. And now that I am thinking about it, I can't think of anything.

44. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Tough call. Probably the Rolling Stones, since I don't get as tired of their music as quickly.

45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Japan. The airport.

46. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? I can make pretty good chocolate chip cookies.

47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Pensacola, FL

48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Stolen from January One.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home