Sunday, September 03, 2006

Surfacing for just a moment

Sorry no posts recently. I'm going crazy trying to get clerkship applications in order.

I'm kicking myself for not preparing things earlier and not abiding by the Plan. I started out with around 83 or 84 judges on my list, but now I'm down to under 70 because so many judges are not abiding by the Plan and have already finished hiring. I understand that there is nothing really compelling judges to abide by the Plan, and that it's a judge's prerogative to decide when to accept applications, but . . . I can't help feeling a little bitter. I really should have thrown the Plan out the window and sent applications out earlier to the people who would have looked at them.

Now I'm trying to go over everything with a fine-tooth comb, searching for typos, obsessing over details. I've already given my mail-out applications to the school, which is doing a mass mail-out of everyone's applications in big batches to all the judges. I turned all those applications in with the feeling that they were riddled with typos and inconsistencies. Now I'm just trying to make sure that the on-line ones aren't totally pathetic before they get sent to judges on Tuesday. In accordance with the Plan.

And, for the record? I hate OSCAR. Which, I guess, is really a proxy sort of hate for Symplicity. Go jump off a bridge, Symplicity! And take your user-unfriendliness with you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home