Monday, June 19, 2006

Cars

GPG and I saw Cars last night, and I loved it. What a cute little movie! Technically amazing and funny, to boot. I won't share any of the funny little details that I liked so that I won't spoil anyone who hasn't yet seen it, but I will say that my favorite character was Guido, the zippy little blue tire-changer. "Pit stop!"

All of Pixar's movies are so good that I can't decide which one I like the most. I didn't like Monsters, Inc. quite so much (I thought it was a little too kid-oriented for my tastes), but the rest of them are all in a virtual tie for my favorite movies in general, not just among cartoons. I was mentioning to GPG a while back that when I try to think of movies that I really enjoyed and wouldn't mind watching again or recommending to others, I almost invariably think of cartoons. I don't know if that means that I haven't seen very many movies, or that I don't have very developed tastes, but the Toy Stories, A Bug's Life, Finding Nemo, and The Incredibles are all movies I love, love, love.

Hooray for Pixar! I really do think that they are head and shoulders above the rest of the computer animating studios out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home