Friday, May 19, 2006

Cooking for a crowd

I had the slightly loopy idea of bringing my waffle iron to school today and making waffles for my colleagues on the law journal I work for. I warned them all that I would only make enough batter to give each of them one waffle apiece, but they groaned so much that I caved and made an extra batch of batter for a total of 6 batches. That adds up to . . .

12 eggs
12 cups flour
12 cups milk
3 sticks butter
3 tsp yeast
3 tsp vanilla
3 tsp salt
6 Tbsp sugar

. . . and a very messy Seedless Grape, very messy Seedless Grape-mobile, and very many, very messy Seedless Grape bowls. I had no idea that 6 batches of waffle batter had so much volume! I split the batter between a plastic container and the two largest bowls I had, but the batter still spilled out of a bowl (despite plastic wrap) and onto the floor mat of my car's back seat. Yum.

And you know what? I didn't even use up all the batter. That's the last time I listen to people and their misconceptions of how much waffle they can eat.

In knitting news, I'm on foot island of the second Regia sock. It's gonna take forever to get these suckers done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home