Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Forecast: Showers

I don't think I've mentioned it yet, but the Big Houston Firm I'm working for this summer gave me a REALLY nice office. A CORNER office. An office that would only go to a very senior partner. It has SIX windows (when most regular associates' offices have only one), a long couch, a coffee table, and two easy chairs. It's so big my entire family could live in here (well, for a while, at least, until we all drove each other crazy) .

I also don't think I've mentioned that it's been raining quite a bit in Houston lately. It rained a fair amount over the weekend, and it also rained so much on Sunday night, into Monday morning, that a lot of people couldn't make it into work on Monday morning. I had a doctor's appointment at 9:30 on Monday and no one in the office was able to show up.

Anyway, I mention both these things now because I'm sufficiently high up (on the 35th floor) and I have enough windows that I have a very impressive view of humongous, dark clouds rolling into downtown over the tops of the skyscrapers. The view is kind of neat, but it's definitely gonna rain something awful in the near future.

Makes me kind of glad I'll be in L.A. for most of hurricane season this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home