Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Surfacing for a moment

I am sorry for not writing more recently. Life has been utterly crazy with school and all this clerkship stuff that I've barely had time to catch my breath. And, unfortunately, it will continue to be crazy for at least a little while longer, because tomorrow I'm heading out of town to start the clerkship interviewing madness.

I'll be driving down to Houston tomorrow to fly out of Intercontinental Airport to Chicago, where I'll interview with a judge on Thursday morning. I may or may not interview with another judge on Thursday afternoon. Then I fly back to Houston early on Friday morning and interview with a judge (actually, the judge I interned for last summer) at 11 a.m.

After the Friday morning interview, I have to hoof it back to Austin to interview with another judge at 3 that afternoon. I'll get a break for the evening, and then I'll have to drive back to Houston to interview with another judge on Saturday afternoon. Are you dizzy yet?

Then I'm scheduled to fly to San Francisco on Sunday evening (hopefully, at least--I haven't yet bought the tickets) to interview with a judge there on Monday afternoon. I hope to fly back Monday or Tuesday. And last but not least, I'm currently scheduled to interview with a judge in Washington, D.C. on Wednesday.

And, of course, after all this interviewing is done, I'll have to dig myself out of a hole of school work. I will also have an edit to do for my journal at school.

I'm not trying to complain or gloat about all my fabulous interviews, which I know can be a tetchy subject amongst law students. I'm just writing this all out to straighten it out in my own head and to excuse my (very likely) radio silence over the next week or so.

But, I do have a genuine complaint: All this traveling I'm doing, and not a single stitch to knit! I don't know if I can stand it. I know that knitting needles are allowed on planes, but I had such a bad experience trying to get my circular Addis into Disneyland this summer that I'm paranoid enough that I won't bring my knitting. At least, not in my carry-on luggage--I just don't want to risk having a project taken away from me, never to be recovered. I'll have to satisfy myself with reading, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home