Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Sockapalooza, long overdue

I am probably the last Sockapalooza person to post about their sock package. (Melissa--I'm so sorry! I'm a terrible pal!) Work has utterly consumed my life over the past month, and unfortunately, it doesn't look like there will be much of a let-up before the end of the month, when big deadlines are looming. I will try to stop prefacing each post with an apologia about work and just post when I can.

Anyway, I finally have some pictures of my wonderful Sockapalooza package. I received it a long time ago, but looking at the pictures again makes me as happy as I was when I opened it! My sock pal was Melissa in Bryan, Texas, and she sent me a fabulous package!

This is what greeted me when I opened the box:


How fun is that? I especially loved the ransom-note-style Sockapalooza card. And everything was so cheerful and colorful!

Wrapped in all the tissue-paper was this:


That's a packet of Soak, which I've wanted to try for the longest time; a new ball of Panda cotton in yummy oranges and reds; and the leftovers from the Sockapalooza socks that Melissa knit for me! The leftovers will add a nice shot of red into my Extra-Long-Term Miter Blanket Project; I can't wait to knit a miter square out of it!

But, most wonderful of all are my socks! They are Cookie A's brilliant Thelonious sock pattern in Panda cotton:


They are the most beautiful socks I've ever seen! And they fit perfectly, too. I love the cotton (which is ideal for muggy Houston weather), and the pattern is elegant but STRETCHY!, which is a big priority for me.

I especially like how the eyelet pattern travels up and around the ankle:


Thank you, Melissa! I'm sorry for taking so long to express my gratitude, but I really loved my Sockapalooza package; it was so much fun to open. Thank you thank you thank you!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

those are beautiful! and what a great fit!

9/12/2007 9:15 AM  
Blogger bio_knit_kitty said...

I'm so glad you liked the socks!!! I was worried they wouldn't fit since you have small(er than mine)feet and ankles. I went down a needle size around the ankle to try and compensate. Glad you liked the package.

9/12/2007 12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home