Thursday, August 09, 2007

Green tea socks

I just started my new job working for the Judge on Monday, and life since then has been non-stop craziness. The learning curve is steep, and I'm clawing my way up as fast as I can (but slipping and sliding all the way, unfortunately). All non-work life has suffered as a result; I haven't knit a stitch since Sunday.

I have managed to document one of my more recent pre-job knits, however, and I think it's safe to blog about them since the recipient has probably already gotten them in the mail. Here are the Green Tea socks!


I made these socks for the Aspiring Ecologist's birthday, which was way back in June. Life was so crazy with studying for the bar that I initially forgot her birthday (but only for a week! Sorry, AE!) and then had to scramble to get something knit up.


Unfortunately, my mind has gotten so stuffed with information from the bar and now work that I can't even remember the pattern I used! I know that I got it out of the new Favorite Socks book, but the name of it completely slips my mind. I'll have to look it up later (that's what happens when you blog at work, I guess).

I can tell you about the yarn, though. It's the Green Tea colorway from See Jayne Knits, and it's lovely. The yarn is thin--noticeably thinner than most sock yarns like Socks that Rock, Fleece Artist, and Koigu--but very smooth, squooshy, and soft. It was perfect on size US2 needles and a lacy pattern that knit up quickly, and I have a TON left--probably enough to make a pair of ankle socks, at least. Beautiful colorway, squooshy yarn, generous yardage--what's not to love? I definitely recommend visiting Jayne's etsy shop!


Hope the end of the week is treating everyone well. And a Happy REALLY Belated Birthday to the Aspiring Ecologist!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks are beautiful, and I *love* the vibrant green tea colorway! Thanks for the link to her store.

8/09/2007 12:24 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Those are gorgeous, and what a great colour!

8/09/2007 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home