Monday, March 05, 2007

Torrid Socks

The Torrid (hee!) Socks, a.k.a. the Southwestern Easter Egg Socks, are done!


Stockinette + studying for the MPRE = fastest socks ever. I finished these in exactly one week.


I love how the colors didn't really pool all that much (although, of course, it can't be helped around the heel):


Pattern: My own. Generic cuff-down pattern, 60 sts in circumference.
Yarn: Socks that Rock, "Torridon"
Needles: US1 Addi Turbos, 16" and 24" circulars
Recipient: Maybe the Pianist (my new sister-in-law) for her birthday. I made the socks a bit snug on me, so they should be just right for her.


These socks were a great first experience with STR. The colors are unusual but beautiful, the yarn is a pleasure to knit with, and the yardage in the skein is generous--I had a lot left over. I can't wait to knit up the remaining two skeins I have!

2 Comments:

Blogger caitlyn said...

They are beautiful and are definitely the fastest socks ever!! I hope your SIL likes them.

3/05/2007 2:36 PM  
Blogger yaiAnn said...

Thanks for the blogiversary wish! Those are beautiful socks. I love that colorway!

3/05/2007 4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home