Monday, March 19, 2007

Off the wagon

"Hello, I'm Seedless Grape, and I stash yarn."

I'm still in Japan and enjoying the country very much. There's a lot to see, even just around Kyoto where the Chairpeople are, and GPG and I have kept busy every day looking at things.

But today I found one more reason to love Kyoto: SILK YARN!

Yes, folks, I fell off the wagon today. Hard. I went to the Nishijin Textile Center with an eye towards learning about Japanese weaving, but instead I came away with over $100 worth of silk yarn. Despite my best intentions, I lasted for about two and a half months of yarn diet before encountering the beautiful, vibrantly bright, and (pretty much) dirt-cheap yarn that I absolutely HAD to buy today. As GPG pointed out to me, I bought over 2 km of silk yarn (red, blue, pumpkin orange, wisteria purple, and raspberry pink-purple) for about $120. I can't wait to show it to you.

Pictures are forthcoming. I'll be back in the States on Friday and will take some time to organize all the photos I've taken, of yarn and otherwise. Hope everyone is having a good week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home