Friday, December 01, 2006

A few more Flower Basket pictures . . .

I read plenty of other people's blogs, and I enjoy seeing lots of big, beautiful pictures, but it never occurred to me (until now) that I should make my own pictures bigger. For some reason, the first photos I posted were a bit small, and after that I kept entering the same pixel specs for pictures when resizing them for the blog. Although the current pictures here were saved from the last visit to GPG's, so there's nothing I can do to size them up now, I resolve to post bigger pictures. (The scary thing is that this resolution will probably be a New Year's resolution, because there won't be too many pictures forthcoming during finals!)

Finished Flower Basket shawl:


Pattern: Flower Basket Shawl by Evelyn A. Clark, now available through Fiber Trends
Yarn: One skein "Rosenrot" sock yarn from Wollmeise
Needles: 24" circular Addi Turbos, US 3
Recipient: The Boll Weaver

Although the shawl is a bit on the small side, you can see that it blocked out a bit and now covers my entire back. (I think the unblocked version hit maybe the small of my back.) I hope that this is big enough for the Boll Weaver . . .

Here's a picture of it laid out on GPG's coffee table:


You can see the color variations in this picture:


"Rosenrot" means "rose red" in German. These two pictures on GPG's coffee table aren't the best, since the day was somewhat cloudy, but they show a glimmer of how vibrant the color of the yarn is. The red of the first picture is pretty close to what the yarn looks like in real life.

No more pictures for a while--I have to study for finals, and can't go off on a frolic and detour to visit GPG. But I'll try to post intermittently during the crunch!

2 Comments:

Blogger caitlyn said...

It's beautiful, Esther! The colors are just lovely. Good luck with finals!
Caitlyn
www.knotwithoutmyknitting.com

12/02/2006 12:43 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

That red is really amazing, and the shawl is just beautiful! Hope finals are going smoothly...

12/16/2006 8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home