Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Hear all those teeth chattering? It's the sound of status.

Clerk the First told me that there's an article in today's Wall Street Journal that says that in some Asian countries, the temperature in a company's office building has become a symbol of status. I.e., the colder it is, the more prosperous the company must be. Apparently this is the case in all kinds of mega-metropolitan centers in Asia, like Taipei and Tokyo, where employees bundle up in company-logo sweaters to show not only their company loyalty but also their company's status. (The coldest temperatures in the coolest (both literally and figuratively) companies? SIXTY DEGREES!) I wonder if the Chairman's teeth chatter all day long at his new job.

In other news, the law school sleeplessness has begun for me. And school hasn't even started! Arg! At the beginning of every semester, I start sleeping more and more poorly because my mind gets wound up with all the things I have to think about and keep track of. I wake up before the alarm goes off because I start thinking about how I'm going to schedule my day to do all the things I need to do. This annoying habit, of course, goes away once I wear myself down a little, but it's irritating while it persists. I want sleep; I know I need sleep; but I can't sleep! It's frustrating. And it has started. Double arg!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home