Monday, August 15, 2005

Pictures vs. Harry Potter. Winner? Harry Potter.

Yeah, so, posting pictures over the weekend? Didn't happen so much. Instead, I read the entire new Harry Potter book in the bookstore. Yes, that's right: in the bookstore. Unwilling to buy the hardcover book, even at 30% off, I went to Borders on Friday night, Saturday night, and Sunday afternoon and sat down in the children's section to read the whole thing. While knitting.

It was a good book. I think it was much better written than the last one, where Harry is a little too angry, a little too abruptly, to be really believable for me. Maybe I'm too old to relate to 15-year-old Harry, but I thought he whined too much in the 5th book. But the new one was much better, although I already suspected who was going to die at the end, and how, by probably the 6th chapter or so. I was a little disappointed to find out that my suspicions were right, because I really liked the character who dies. It was sad to read about it; I was tearing up in the bookstore.

Anyway, I also saw the Chairwoman over the weekend and spent most of Saturday afternoon with her. I made 23 ba zhang (bamboo-wrapped tetrahedral-shaped packets of sticky rice, shiitake mushrooms, meat, and hard-boiled brown egg) to take to school with me in 2 weeks. It's hard to believe I have to start school again so soon. On the one hand, it'll be nice not to have to wear a suit every day anymore. On the other hand, I don't know if I'm really ready to start using my brain intensively again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home