Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I look like a lunchtime power walker.

I am such a idiot. I was in such a hurry to get out of the house this morning to catch the bus that I forgot . . .

. . . my shoes.

That's not really quite as retarded as it sounds. I hurt the ball of my foot a few weeks back, so I've been wearing flat shoes as much as possible ever since. Now that the judge is back and I have to wear a suit to work every day again, I have been wearing my running shoes to work and then changing into heels when I get into my office. (I even wear the running shoes at work and only change into the heels if I have to go somewhere "official" during the day.)

Well, today I put on the running shoes, but I forgot the heels at home in my rush to catch the bus. I remembered everything else: toothbrush and toothpaste, since I didn't have time to brush my teeth at home; fork to eat leftovers that I left in the fridge at work; knitting plus pattern book; peach plus knife to cut it for a snack this afternoon. But of course I forget what is arguably the most important thing of all.

I guess I could always go trot a few laps in the downtown tunnels during lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home