Monday, December 31, 2007

WiP Run-down

Well, it's the end of 2007, and I have lots of WiPs to show for it. Plus, I have lots of projects and ideas queued up. I need to knock out a few FOs while I still have a little bit of holiday left so I can move on to a new set of projects for 2008!

I'm most pleased with the current spinning project, hot off the spindle. I've been working on spinning up 3.9 oz of South African Fine merino in the Dovecote colorway from Pigeonroof Studios. I'm so happy I discovered Pigeonroof Studios, which has quickly become one of my favorite Etsy stores to visit. Krista's colorways are beautiful--you should definitely go check out her store!


I spun up four skeins totaling about 254 yards of DK-ish weight yarn. (I found a chair back in my house that measures almost exactly one yard around, so now I can estimate yardage!) The fourth skein was soaking in some water and Eucalan while I took this picture.

I can't wait to start knitting with this yarn--it's fairly consistent and very nice and sproingy. It's destined to turn into a very belated holiday gift.

Speaking of belated holiday gifts, here's another WiP I have to get off the needles: some log cabin socks from Handknit Holidays. They're intended for GPG's dad, and I need to get a move on--I'm only on the first sock!


I picked the log cabin pattern because it calls for a sportweight yarn instead of fine fingering yarn, so the socks are knitting up a little faster than regular socks, thank goodness.

And here's the last WiP that's still on the needles: the Child's First Sock from Knitting Vintage Socks in the Raspberry colorway from Fleece Artist. I cast on for these back in June after I finished the Mahogany socks for my Sockapalooza pal. Then they sort of fell by the wayside as studying for the bar heated up, and they sat on a dresser drawer collecting dust for the last half of the year. I finally picked them up last weekend and finished the first sock.


I'm really pleased with the way the first sock turned out. I love the pattern, and it works really well with the yarn. I'm two pattern repeats into the second sock, but the log cabin sock has taken priority so far.

And what do I have waiting in the wings? I need to knit another pair of felted oven mitts for a wedding present for February, I'm going to start an Endpaper Mitts knitalong with a fellow Raveler, Undyed Yarnpire, and my dad's 60th birthday is on February 12. I have no idea what I'm going to do for that, but I want it to be something yarny if I can manage it. I'm definitely heading into 2008 with high ambitions and lots of stash!

I hope that you're all enjoying the last hurrah of the holidays. Have a safe and happy New Year! Best wishes to all of you for health, happiness, and lots of fiber fun in 2008!

4 Comments:

Blogger caitlyn said...

Love the yarn! It definitely looks very sproingy. The two socks are coming along beautifully!

12/31/2007 4:14 PM  
Blogger twellve said...

that raspberry colorway makes my mouth water. it is so pretty!

you have some very cool projects on the needles, in addition to your spinning. i look forward to seeing how they turn out and what else you have in store for 2008!

happy new year and best fiber wishes!

12/31/2007 6:49 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

looks like your needles will be busy for a while! those are some great projects! i love the log cabin socks!

1/09/2008 9:26 AM  
Blogger GrammaKnits said...

Great looking yarn! Can hardly wait to see the BIG skein coming up.

1/16/2008 7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home