Thursday, November 01, 2007

My first EZ!

I expect I'm fairly late hopping on the Elizabeth Zimmermann bandwagon, but after reading through most of EZ's books and knitting up a famous EZ pattern, my first thought is, "Better late than never!"

GPG has some old friends from high school who just had a baby. These friends have always been very kind and generous to me, so a baby gift was in order. I had some DK Fleece Artist merino in the "Jester" colorway and a recently acquired copy of EZ's Knitters Almanac. What better baby project could there by than the February baby sweater?


I was quite pleased with the knit. Fast, easy, and I'm can definitely get on board with EZ's no-seam philosophy. I was also very happy with the yarn. I was concerned with how the rainbow bits would knit up, but I like the finished product. It's a colorful sweater without being overly bright and cutesy.


Pattern: February baby sweater from EZ's Knitters Almanac
Yarn: DK Fleece Artist merino, "Jester" colorway, from the Knitty Noddy (gorgeous yarn; terrific service)
Needles: INOX US 6 circulars
Recipient: Baby Irma!

1 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

awww - that is adorable!

11/06/2007 12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home