Wednesday, September 21, 2005

The home stretch

That's two home stretches, to be accurate.

First, I'm in the home stretch of interviewing. I have only three more left: two on Thursday, and one on Friday. To be absolutely honest, I'll probably phone the next two in. I'm not particularly interested in the firms except sort of as back-ups. The one on Friday I care about a bit more, so I'll put more effort into that one.

Now that the interviews are almost over, I've gotten more used to the "on" nature of interviewing. However, a later problem that has developed is how to make your answers to typical questions not sound like you've said the same words a bazillion times before to a bazillion other interviewers. I still haven't figured that one out.

After interviews are over, the callbacks begin. I already have one trip scheduled out to sunny L.A. in October; I can't wait for that beautiful weather and, most importantly, Trader Joe's (GPG knows about my Trader Joe's fanaticism). The real studying starts next week, too. I've missed more class than I thought I would when I initially scheduled my interviews--not because I wanted to miss class, but because a lot of L.A. firms' schedules had limited slots that usually conflicted with class. So I'll have to catch up a bit.

The second home stretch? I'm finally onto the foot of the second Retro Rib sock in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock Tahoe. The rest of the sock should be easy; the bottom of the foot is stockinette stitch, so it knits up much more quickly than the leg of the sock, which has stitch pattern all the way around. I hope I'll finish it soon. Unfortunately, as always, no pictures. But I'll be back in Houston during October (again, for callbacks), so I hope to use GPG's camera then.

Anyway, the best thing about this week? Is that when it ends, I won't have to drag my suit to and from school anymore in this 100-degree heat.

YES!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home