Saturday, April 22, 2006

Rrrrrrrip, take 2!

I haven't done it yet, but I am planning on ripping out my second attempt at the Trekking socks. I cast on more stitches and switched to the garter rib, but of course, now that I'm using a looser and less complicated pattern, the sock is too big! Sigh. I have no one to blame but myself, but I'm disappointed.

I'll admit that my knitting mojo is a bit weak at the moment. I've stalled on the Violinist's wedding present, I haven't made much progress on the "Christmas Rose" satchel from Handknit Holidays that I was knitting as a thank-you present, and now the Trekking sock has run aground.

Of course, I still need some knitting to take on the bus (otherwise I always feel like sitting on the bus doing nothing is such a big waste of time), so I'll rip out the socks and try the garter stitch rib again with just 72 stitches. I also think I'll try using my Addi Turbos, because knitting on two circulars seemed a lot faster than knitting on DPNs when I knit the first Wyvern sock ages ago (which, by the way, still has no pair). Of course, changing needles, number of stitches, etc. could lead to yet a third rip and a fourth attempt, but . . . I just hope that won't be the case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home