Monday, January 30, 2006

One lonely Wyvern

GPG and I spent the entire weekend eating. We made some good discoveries, which I'll write about later. Right now I'm trying to get a bit of school work done since I was sick (literally) this morning and wasted most of the day feeling gross.

But, I did want to post pictures of the Wyvern sock that I completed last week. I took the photos at night, so they aren't great, but you can get the general idea from them. Here is a full-on view of the sock. See the scales?


You can also see where I haven't yet woven in the end of my cast-off edge at the cuff!

Here is a view from the side. Marnie designed the pattern so that it has ribbing all along the bottom of the sole that continues up the back of the sock. It's a bit unconventional, but I like it.


The only major problem I had was with the short-row heel. If you look closely, you can see a hole or two there. I frogged and re-knit that sucker probably 3 times and it still doesn't look right. I think I had problems partly because I was trying to maintain the ribbing pattern; I would think that doing the wraps is easier with a plain stockinette heel. Oh, well. I have to remind myself: learning socks. These are just learning socks.

Anyway, I've gotta get back to school work. More about the Breakfast Klub and Sinh Sinh (two restaurants GPG and I tried this weekend) later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home