Friday, January 20, 2006

Fully recovered. Sort of.

We're Day 5 post-marathon and I am more or less recovered. Yesterday was the first day I could walk down the stairs normally, and I even ran 2 miles. Very slowly. Of course, I could feel my legs afterwards, but I think I'm well on my way to feeling like myself again. I hope that next week I can start running regularly . . . although I think I'll take things slowly to avoid any possibility of injury.

We're also in Day 4 of the spring semester of school, and I really need to get my butt in gear. I have a light schedule, which isn't helping; I need some steely discipline, stat. This weekend I have to do some major researching and thinking for a major paper.

Of course, instead of doing some of that work this morning, what did I do?

I tried to organize my yarn stash.

Each day this week I've taken a little bit of time to wind some of my stash yarn on the nice yarn winder and swift that GPG gave me for Christmas. The wound cakes of yarn were sitting on my table this morning and I decided I needed to tidy up and put them away.

That was a bad idea. It meant dragging out the plastic tubs in which I keep my yarn and realizing that those are a big mess, too, so the whole tidying-up process devolved into a big explosion of yarn all over my living room as I tried to get everything organized.

Now things are more or less under control, but I've finally realized the magnitude of my yarn stash. It's going to take a LOT of effort to knit through all this yarn by the end of law school. Fortunately, I have some ideas of what to do with it . . . but it will take a pretty long time, I think.

Okay, enough procrastinating! I'd better get that self-discipline in gear now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home