Thursday, January 05, 2006

Yee haw!

As some of you may know, UT won the Rose Bowl and the National Championship last night. I'm not a terribly big football fan (except for flag football when I can play), but I do have a bit of Texas and UT pride. So I'm glad for all the Longhorn fans (and boy, are there many) that we won. Across the street, a bar was hosting a Rose Bowl party and you could hear an enormous cheer erupt when Vince Young ran across the goal line for the winning touchdown.

As promised, some Koigu pictures. I tried taking them today in the sunlight and some of them came out well and some of them not so well. I took two pictures of each skein, one with flash and the other without. Then I tried to pick the one that showed the colors the best. Unfortunately, probably because I held the camera too close to the yarn, the flash would reflect on the yarn and wash out the colors a bit. Without flash, the sunlight alone didn't provide adequate lighting. So, as I said, some of the pictures are not so good.

Here is a nice lavender/green combo. This picture is an example of where the colors are somewhat washed out in the sunlight. The skeins are really a bit darker.


The next two pictures are of skeins I bought on the first day of the sale. They both are variations of an orange-blue combination. They're much more vibrant than the pictures let on. Although the skeins in the lower picture seem to have a lot of brown in them, they look really nice in combination with the light blue skein. So I think I may have to combine those two into the feather-and-fan scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts.



This is one of the pictures that actually came out semi-close to the real thing. These skeins have a really beautiful, jazzy line of brilliant purply-blue running through dark greens, greys, and browns. The color combination is lovely.


Some more of the orange-blue combo. The colors are a bit brighter in real life.


And, last but not least, a very light cream/yellow/blue combination.


Since the last post, I finished up a pair of little socks for Clerk the First's BRAND NEW BABY, born on New Year's Day: Olivia Marielle. Beautiful name, isn't it? I'll try to post pictures of those tomorrow. I've also started working on a cowl for the Chairwoman out of that fire-engine red Opal. Pictures may come. I haven't decided if it should be a surprise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home