Saturday, January 14, 2006

Marathon's Eve

Well, tomorrow is the big day and I should get to sleep soon before the big race. I'm not sure I'm ready for this thing. But, at least I was together enough this morning to document part of the pre-marathon festivities for your viewing pleasure!

Here is GPG, holding our required packet pick-up forms before we set off for the George R. Brown Convention Center in the morning.



And here he is, looking shifty as ever, after picking up his marathon bib:


And here I am with my bib. Can you see the Nalgene bottle tucked in my arm? We were carrying that around to hydrate today. We have been visiting the bathroom virtually non-stop.


We made plans to meet up with another marathoner and half-marathoner at packet pick-up. The four of us all went out to breakfast together afterwards at Barnaby's. I didn't document our meal (eggs, potatoes, biscuits, and fruit/sausage/bacon), but I did manage to get GPG to pose for a picture with me to capture our food coma following the feast:

After we got back home, I modeled the official marathon t-shirt:


It's not a bad shirt. The top arc says, "January 15, 2006," and the bottom arc says, "26.2 Miles." I look a lot more confident in this picture than I feel.

After all the marathon activity in the morning, GPG and I spent the afternoon chasing after bonsai trees. That's right, bonsai trees. I have pictures of those, but I think they'll have to come tomorrow. I'll have plenty of time while I'm resting my aching legs to write about our bonsai adventures then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home