Monday, January 23, 2006

1 Wyvern down; 1 to go

I stayed up late last night and finished the first Wyvern sock instead of getting a good night's sleep before school today. Pictures to come this weekend, when I visit GPG's digital camera. Er, that is, when I visit GPG. Thoughts:

1. The two circular needle method is actually pretty useful; I think it knits a lot faster for me than the regular DPN method. Because I still don't have Internet access at home, which means that I couldn't look up the nice Turkish cast-on tutorial I referred to for the first sock, I ended up casting on last night for a completely different set of socks (cuff-down) for the Chairman's birthday and used the two circular needle method. Already I'm zipping along on the first sock.

2. Turkish cast-on: Also pretty useful. It took me three tries to get it to work, but it's actually a really ingenious way of starting a toe. I'm still not familiar enough with it to do it without referring to the tutorial, but I do like it a lot. (Hopefully I'll find the tutorial again! I looked for it just now to put in a link to it, but I can't find it. I think it's bookmarked on GPG's computer, so I'll have to look for it this weekend.)

3. Lastly, the short-row heel. I don't think I'm a fan of it. I ripped out two attempts before paying close attention to the third, and I'm still not satisfied; it looks pretty darn ugly. The wraps just don't look right. Apparently there is another way to do it with yarnovers instead of wraps, which is the way I've done short-rows before, so I will try that for the next pair. Hopefully that will look a little better.

And finally: did anyone see the hotdog-eating contest last night on Grey's Anatomy? Hilarious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home